Skip to main content

02:26 am inspiration strikes?


As I walk down the street, my breath a painting above the dark sky, my fingers itch with temptation. What will I do? Where will I go? I don’t know the answers to these questions. I know but two small things; what I want and what I need. But are these right? That I’m not sure of.
Love
Greed
Home
Death
Passion…

I know these things, and I know who I am. The basic person thrives for goodness, but is it truly achievable? We are all flawed, in one way or another.
            I don’t know a person’s secrets, their passion. Their flaws.

Do you?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"A Revolution" A short story by Katlynn Chrans

A Revolution; By Katlynn Chrans    “So how’re you finding freshman year” I smiled at my younger brother as he devoured the eggs mom had made us for breakfast. I watched his lips turn up at the corner, the satisfaction clear on his face.    “It’s great!” he enthusiastically replied, grinning from ear to ear again. “I love that I get to pick my classes, do stuff that I love, not stuff I have to do ya know?” he added.    I smiled back while I stood and ruffled his hair. I set my plate in the sink, my mom rushing over to clean it.    “I’ve got that sweetie, you two get going. Claire good luck with your SAT prep test after school, you’ll do great okay” she beamed.    I hugged her tightly; her hand ran softly up and down my back. Her dark auburn hair smelt faintly of roses and honey.    “I love you so so much Claire, I am so proud of you” she whispered to me giving me a tighter squeeze.    I gave her one ...

"Your Misery, Then Mine" A short story by Katlynn Chrans // trigger warning

Your Misery, Then Mine; By Katlynn Chrans             I am going to tell you the story of a boy. I am also going to tell you a story of why we shouldn’t judge people when we don’t know their circumstances. Please listen from a place in your heart. As the anniversary of my uncle’s death closes near I have decided to come back to the topic of suicide, however, this time I will be writing from the outside. I have seen a post about the story of a boy who runs home from the bus every day, it is only short, but very beautiful and sad. So..I have decided to elaborate, give the boy a name, and a story. I have no clue if it was a fictional or true post, but the message is still received. I hope you enjoy.             We sat, impatient and desperately trying to hold our laughter back, as the bus slowed to a stop he sprang from the edge of his seat, just like he always did. O...

"East to Eden pt. two: EDEN" A short story by Katlynn Chrans

East to Eden pt. two: EDEN ; By Katlynn Chrans Seven Years on Eden “Ara, come here right now I need to finish braiding your hair” the kind-hearted woman yelled after me. I smiled and darted behind the large berry bush, twigs and leaves finding their way into my semi-braided hair.    My breath left my lips heavily, the slight chill creating a chapped cover. I peered through the gaps as the plump woman bounded out of the cabin, hawking around the camp for me. I created an ‘O’ shaped with my lips and chirped, hoping she would play the game, giving her a small indication of my hiding spot.    “Ara I am serious, you know today is a big day, and Uyre will not be pleased by your behaviour young lady” she called in my direction.    Rolling my eyes I slowly made my way out from behind the bush, pulling the soft red berry off its stem and plopping it in between my teeth.    “Roslix, I was only getting some breakfast, isn’t that the most...