Skip to main content

505 AM


The soft curve of the waist, the smooth silky skin. Small dimples on the lower back, and perfect hand hold. The cascading waves of honey, reflecting the golden rays of light. Pools of water watching my every move, sending messages without sound.

part one
   The click of my entrance, placing the thin plastic card on the table I smile as I see her, the way her body perfecting fits in mine, a kiss of her soft lips. The bed, unmade, has littered with drawings and articles, a personal project of hers. She leaves momentarily as I gaze upon a sketch, I take it.
   The window on the fifth floor offers a spectacular view of the city, the bustling people among yellow cabs like ants making their rounds. I can smell her perfume now, I know she has slipped on the red dress I bought her as a gift, for coming to see me, I momentarily close my eyes, I can see the way her body bends and shifts, fitting perfectly, like she does on me.
   ‘Ready?’ calls her voice, seductive yet soft, the perfect mix. I spin on my heel, meeting her eyes, what does she expect when she looks at me like that?

   She was angry at me, I adore her yet. I didn’t understand, she is disappointed in me, I guess I ‘fall short of the mark’. Yells echoed off the old brick walls of the alley, back and forth, just like last time, the screams are ‘no harsher’ than the bite. I wished we could just continue our ‘adventure’.

part two
   The wall is blank, hollow, like me. She is always here with me, on my mind, consuming my thoughts. ‘I’d probably still adore her with her hands around my neck’ or I think I would last time I checked. Life is repetitive and boring now, filled with nothing but melancholy. Visions of those three numbers, the sound of an electric lock.
   The number of times I have looked at the ‘seven-hour flight’ to her, and the drive that would finish the journey, I yearn for it. My imaginations of her waiting for me, with ‘her hands between her thighs’ but I can’t think that way! That’s the reason she left, she said I didn’t appreciate her, the real her. I pull the scribbled, crumpled sketch from my pocket, fittingly a drawing of hands.
   When she left I let her, ‘I crumble when she cries’, the pain I give her given back to me on a silver platter of my own making..

part three
   Once again, she ‘greets me with goodbye’, the time taken away from you and I pains you, and what hurts you kills me. You told me goodbye, I caused this, pushing her away in hopes that she would leave. I found another, but in the process, I hurt you, a painful memory to me.
   I had to see you, only a ‘forty-five minute drive’ left until I see you, the city left behind for the sun.  I promise you I will see you, respect you…maybe.

I see you now, ‘waiting on your side with your hands between your thighs and a smile.’


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

for one second; a mess of thoughts by k.c

For one second I want to revel in what it is to be a teenager. I don’t want to fight for women’s rights, or for the planet, or hear about the countless young people dying in school. I don’t want to seek gratification from people I don’t care about online. I want to make mistakes and be dumb, and not have to fight for things that are so so much bigger than me. I want to forget about how scary the world is and live in my own happy place, where I am not self-conscious, where I don’t analyse every inch of my pictures and myself. A place where I can be happy and be who I am, not burdened by the weight of things I cannot change. For one second I want to live in the now, not think about my future or what the next year will bring. I want to run around every night living in the moment and having fun. I don’t want to worry about people saying this or that. I want to be effortlessly young. I want to write and not fear what others will see in my messy compiled sentences. I want to love who I l

'James' written words by a wallflower

You can’t just expect people to fall at your beck and call James, she said. I know now she was right, deep down I think I knew then, but I guess I just chose to ignore that part of my brain, those thoughts that maybe I wasn’t who I thought I was and maybe I was, or am, a terrible person for it. I had always told myself I would move to California one day, and now being here, driving down the state route one highway, I feel like I have finally made it. Destined to be here, not stuck in some small town for the rest of my life. My torn copy of Jane Eyre sits beside me, the pages torn and dogeared, notes riddled between the lines, and my favourite passages circled. You know, I think we are really going to love it here Dude I say. From the crowded backseat Dude my gold lab pops his head between the front seats and pants. Smiling I reach over at scratch his head, I was laughing now, I remember almost perfectly. It was as if the stars had finally aligned for me, I glanced over at Dude

"Your Misery, Then Mine" A short story by Katlynn Chrans // trigger warning

Your Misery, Then Mine; By Katlynn Chrans             I am going to tell you the story of a boy. I am also going to tell you a story of why we shouldn’t judge people when we don’t know their circumstances. Please listen from a place in your heart. As the anniversary of my uncle’s death closes near I have decided to come back to the topic of suicide, however, this time I will be writing from the outside. I have seen a post about the story of a boy who runs home from the bus every day, it is only short, but very beautiful and sad. So..I have decided to elaborate, give the boy a name, and a story. I have no clue if it was a fictional or true post, but the message is still received. I hope you enjoy.             We sat, impatient and desperately trying to hold our laughter back, as the bus slowed to a stop he sprang from the edge of his seat, just like he always did. Oh, how he flew down the path, we all laughed and laughed, until our sides hurt, and tears sprung in our eyes.