Skip to main content

505 AM


The soft curve of the waist, the smooth silky skin. Small dimples on the lower back, and perfect hand hold. The cascading waves of honey, reflecting the golden rays of light. Pools of water watching my every move, sending messages without sound.

part one
   The click of my entrance, placing the thin plastic card on the table I smile as I see her, the way her body perfecting fits in mine, a kiss of her soft lips. The bed, unmade, has littered with drawings and articles, a personal project of hers. She leaves momentarily as I gaze upon a sketch, I take it.
   The window on the fifth floor offers a spectacular view of the city, the bustling people among yellow cabs like ants making their rounds. I can smell her perfume now, I know she has slipped on the red dress I bought her as a gift, for coming to see me, I momentarily close my eyes, I can see the way her body bends and shifts, fitting perfectly, like she does on me.
   ‘Ready?’ calls her voice, seductive yet soft, the perfect mix. I spin on my heel, meeting her eyes, what does she expect when she looks at me like that?

   She was angry at me, I adore her yet. I didn’t understand, she is disappointed in me, I guess I ‘fall short of the mark’. Yells echoed off the old brick walls of the alley, back and forth, just like last time, the screams are ‘no harsher’ than the bite. I wished we could just continue our ‘adventure’.

part two
   The wall is blank, hollow, like me. She is always here with me, on my mind, consuming my thoughts. ‘I’d probably still adore her with her hands around my neck’ or I think I would last time I checked. Life is repetitive and boring now, filled with nothing but melancholy. Visions of those three numbers, the sound of an electric lock.
   The number of times I have looked at the ‘seven-hour flight’ to her, and the drive that would finish the journey, I yearn for it. My imaginations of her waiting for me, with ‘her hands between her thighs’ but I can’t think that way! That’s the reason she left, she said I didn’t appreciate her, the real her. I pull the scribbled, crumpled sketch from my pocket, fittingly a drawing of hands.
   When she left I let her, ‘I crumble when she cries’, the pain I give her given back to me on a silver platter of my own making..

part three
   Once again, she ‘greets me with goodbye’, the time taken away from you and I pains you, and what hurts you kills me. You told me goodbye, I caused this, pushing her away in hopes that she would leave. I found another, but in the process, I hurt you, a painful memory to me.
   I had to see you, only a ‘forty-five minute drive’ left until I see you, the city left behind for the sun.  I promise you I will see you, respect you…maybe.

I see you now, ‘waiting on your side with your hands between your thighs and a smile.’


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

"A Revolution" A short story by Katlynn Chrans

A Revolution; By Katlynn Chrans    “So how’re you finding freshman year” I smiled at my younger brother as he devoured the eggs mom had made us for breakfast. I watched his lips turn up at the corner, the satisfaction clear on his face.    “It’s great!” he enthusiastically replied, grinning from ear to ear again. “I love that I get to pick my classes, do stuff that I love, not stuff I have to do ya know?” he added.    I smiled back while I stood and ruffled his hair. I set my plate in the sink, my mom rushing over to clean it.    “I’ve got that sweetie, you two get going. Claire good luck with your SAT prep test after school, you’ll do great okay” she beamed.    I hugged her tightly; her hand ran softly up and down my back. Her dark auburn hair smelt faintly of roses and honey.    “I love you so so much Claire, I am so proud of you” she whispered to me giving me a tighter squeeze.    I gave her one ...

"Your Misery, Then Mine" A short story by Katlynn Chrans // trigger warning

Your Misery, Then Mine; By Katlynn Chrans             I am going to tell you the story of a boy. I am also going to tell you a story of why we shouldn’t judge people when we don’t know their circumstances. Please listen from a place in your heart. As the anniversary of my uncle’s death closes near I have decided to come back to the topic of suicide, however, this time I will be writing from the outside. I have seen a post about the story of a boy who runs home from the bus every day, it is only short, but very beautiful and sad. So..I have decided to elaborate, give the boy a name, and a story. I have no clue if it was a fictional or true post, but the message is still received. I hope you enjoy.             We sat, impatient and desperately trying to hold our laughter back, as the bus slowed to a stop he sprang from the edge of his seat, just like he always did. O...

"East to Eden pt. two: EDEN" A short story by Katlynn Chrans

East to Eden pt. two: EDEN ; By Katlynn Chrans Seven Years on Eden “Ara, come here right now I need to finish braiding your hair” the kind-hearted woman yelled after me. I smiled and darted behind the large berry bush, twigs and leaves finding their way into my semi-braided hair.    My breath left my lips heavily, the slight chill creating a chapped cover. I peered through the gaps as the plump woman bounded out of the cabin, hawking around the camp for me. I created an ‘O’ shaped with my lips and chirped, hoping she would play the game, giving her a small indication of my hiding spot.    “Ara I am serious, you know today is a big day, and Uyre will not be pleased by your behaviour young lady” she called in my direction.    Rolling my eyes I slowly made my way out from behind the bush, pulling the soft red berry off its stem and plopping it in between my teeth.    “Roslix, I was only getting some breakfast, isn’t that the most...